Friday, September 08, 2006

Hi, My name is Saige and I am a Coke-aholic

Well, I am officially addicted to Coke. Coca-Cola Classic, that is. Yep. Said I would give up sodas this week right after labor day. I did. First day was a breeze. Second day, I was ok, but the thought of stopping by Nu-Way and getting one of their crushed ice Cokes sure sounded nice. Then yesterday, as though it were a plant from the enemy, someone had put a 2 liter Coke bottle in the hallway. Everytime I passed it, I was like, "good grief! can someone please move the thing? can't you see I'm dying here?" Then of course, it was a horrible day with children screaming and so on that I asked David could we please go out to eat because I just couldn't handle the stress of making supper (I don't have a dishwasher, so using more than one plate would have been more than I could have handled yesterday). So we went to Chili's. I was debating... Should I say I only drink Coke when we eat out? But since Aubie and I went to the bathroom first thing, David had already ordered my drink and guess what? He ordered a Coke and a water for me(what I always order--very sweet of him). Chili's has some of the best Coke! Anyway, so that settled it. I only drink it when I go out to eat. Well, Mimi happened to want to go shopping, so I took her and we got Krystals for lunch. And who ever heard of eating Krystals without a Coke? So, by suppertime, I needed some more caffiene, but all we had was Mountain Dew on hand. That was ok. I drank it too. What the crap am I going to do? Go into Rehab? I get a little stressed out and back to the "drugs". So, I have decided to start afresh next Monday. Maybe I will have the will power then. Sorry to everyone I told that I wouldn't do it anymore. My detox only lasted like 2 days. Maybe longer next time. And maybe I've realized that Cold Turkey is best... But who ever heard of Cold Turkey without a Coke? Just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious! I love how you can describe such normal feelings and circumstances and make it so entertaining to read! I'm fighting the same battle with food (not Coke). I lost 2 pounds last week, so what did I do? I celebrated and pigged out! Now I've gained them back! It's horrible not being able to control what I put in my mouth! Maybe we can start a support group!