Thursday, January 11, 2007

i wish it could be Christmas all year long...

especially when I get fun things like this:

My friend Lyndsay gave them to me in my Christmas gift. The "Fashion Styled Button" was one of many--two more in that style only different colors and then several other in different shapes and sizes. She and I both have a thing for sewing notions (buttons, thread, pins, etc.), but especially vintage ones. I am so thrilled that she passed these on to me.

I'm afraid I'm copying : ( but I can't help it, I love how Heather Bailey always posts all these cool pictures of vintage things that she found at antique shops or that friends gave her. My pics will never be as awesome as hers; for one thing, I haven't gotten enough into photoshop (by the way, I got it for Christmas--Thanks, Aunt Marilyn!) to figure out how to put my name on my photos yet. But to use a bit of logic from Anne of Green Gables--"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." : )

6 comments:

Kate said...

I was reading down on Heather's blog and she has a phenomenal camera. Well, her hubby does. It's one my dad has. You can't put a big lens like that on most cameras, so you can't get the only-a-part-of-the-pic in focus effect... It's a bummer, huh? I want a camera like that.

I have some cool border png files if you want them to play with in PhotoShop! They are black and white and really neat.

Kate said...

Oh (haha) and I am seriously considering making a monogrammed burp cloth. How hilarious would that be? A "rich kid" item that is for cleaning spitup? Hehe! I think it's funny. And cute. =P I got some white flannel already. =P

Anonymous said...

My good intentions (to go to bed at 10, get 8 hours of sleep and be up at 6 to run before Michael leaves for school) disappeared from my mind the moment I googled you. It was so nice to "hear your voice" in your writing... sounds like home and some past life. Reading your blogs made me want to take time to enjoy my day to day "goings-on" more. Thanks for the chuckles (they would have been full blown laughs if my family wasn't asleep) and for you being you always. It's amazing how much time has passed and how quickly it did so...

Anonymous said...

Hey Saige, I think your pics look great! Nice creative backgrounds! Listen to 'ol Anne, she knows what she's talkin about :)

Anonymous said...

Tidbit that may only interest me:

Our dog Apple eats buttons like they are candy. I imagine she'd just love vintage ones like these...

End of tidbit.

Saige said...

Thanks for all the great comments! It was so fun to see that I had 4 already this morning when I checked (thanks, Kevin, for making it 5).
Erin, I am so happy you found me! Your comment brought such a big smile to my face. I just kept smiling and smiling--hearing from you reminded me of a past life as well :)
Kate, I will have to try those borders you were talking about sometime--I just need to figure out some things first. I really think I am going to like photoshop, but I am afraid I'll have to read the instructions :( And I think a monagrammed burp cloth will be adorable :)