Monday, December 08, 2008

two for the "price" of one


Back before Thanksgiving, when it was warm enough to play outside, I couldn't stop my restless fingers from pulling up some muscadine vines and making a wreath. I wanted to use some of the gorgeous persimmon leaves--a pumpkin-y orange color--but got distracted by the 4-toned leaves in the front yard. So, I hot glued all these leaves and a few berries to it. Sadly, they did not stay this color, but the muted version was still pretty as well.

I wanted to see if I could make the same wreath work for Christmas, so I took all the leaves off and painted it red. I used this great ribbon that I'd been saving for such an occasion--sage green with red "tis the season to be jolly" on it. I just love true red and any shade of green for Christmas. Its so old-fashioned and Christmas-y.


2 comments:

becki said...

Such cute wreaths! I love both of them!!

Graham said...

I hate I missed the first one close up. I saw it from the road, but just assumed it was a store bought fall wreath y'all already had. I love that shade of green with the red too. I din't know the "history" behind it until this blog. Makes it even more special.