Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and the cleanup following...



I am thankful to have a sink. I am thankful to have dishwashing liquid. I am thankful to have dish cloths. But if I am to truly be honest, I would gladly give up my dishcloths and dishwashing liquid to have a dishwasher (at this point, I might even throw the sink into the deal). I tried to wash as I went, but a batch of cookies would get done and then I would need to start something else, so, maybe one or two things got cleaned in the process. By the time we got home from Mimi's that night, I was tired and did not want to face the mountain that stood before me in the kitchen, so I went to bed instead. Hoping beyond hope that some little elves had come and washed all my dishes for me, I woke up and walked slowly into the kitchen to find... the same horrendous sight that I had left the night before. But my sweet little helper was offering once again, "I wash dishes too. I help you." I am so sad that I didn't think to get pictures of her helping me make our Thanksgiving food. So I had to take a picture of her helping me clean up afterward (even though it displays my horrible sink--the one that I have decided I would most definitely throw into the trade deal for a diswasher). She loves to help Mommy. If you haven't already guessed, I HATE washing dishes! And even though she didn't really wash anything, her being there helped me get the job done.

The other 2 pictures are of David, Garrett (my "favorite" cousin), and my brother Daniel, and then of Garrett and Aubie. That would have been a perfect picture if Aubie hadn't closed her eyes. I wish I had more, but I have kinda been in a picture slump lately, and really don't take many unless something hits me up side the head and says "TAKE SOME PICTURES!". And since that sort of thing rarely happens, I only got about 7 or 8 pictures at Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see pics of david's party!!
Mom doesn't have a dishwasher either so Renee and I carted dishes to our houses to load in our dishwashers! I was NOT going to hand wash. So you can tell I feel your dislike for washing dishes.
Lyndsay
p.s. thanks for posting and giving me some excitement in my boring day.

Saige said...

no problem! I didn't get as good of pictures as I was thinking that I had. But I will try to post them tomorrow. I really need to get to the grocery store right now. :( I hate going to the grocery store as well. But not as bad as washing dishes ;)

Anonymous said...

I sense desperation and urgency in this post. The opportunist that I am, I will sell you my dishwasher for $10,000.

Anonymous said...

I can beat that! I will sell you my dishwasher for only $9,000.