Monday, July 23, 2007

I can't believe I didn't post this before now--10/09/08



As of somewhere around 1:20 on July 20, Mimi's house is no longer ours. No longer our family get-together location, or our there's-not-enough-room-at-my-house-let's-have-it-at-Mimi's spot. It has passed from one Joe and June to another Joe and June (one of the many coincidences that help us all feel better about letting go). David will not have to keep up the pool any more, as he has done for the past two years, but we don't have one to swim in anymore either. I am so thankful that Mimi's house didn't sit on the market for a huge-long time, but it really is sad to have to completely say goodbye. I've known that house my whole life. I could drive the road to Mimi and PaPa's blindfolded. But, blindfolded or no, I won't be driving that route anymore, and its a sobering realization. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the night before closing.

No comments: