Thursday, January 25, 2007

didaweeda

I hope this story doesn't gross anyone out, but I have to tell everyone how funny my girl is. Tuesday night, my boss called me and asked me if I could work on Wednesday. Since I missed both days last week, I thought an extra day would help out some. But an hour later, I was changing Aubie's diaper and discovered what I thought to be the "preschool virus" (that's what everyone's been calling it). I said, "Oh no, Aubie, you have _______" (won't say the name lest it make someone a bit nauseated). So, I called my boss back to tell her that there was a chance I may not be able to work on Wednesday. As I was dialing the numbers, Aubie starts to sing a little song, "Didaweeda, Didaweeda." So instead of giving a professional I-may-not-be-able-to-work-tomorrow to my boss, I end up giggling into the phone. I had to tell her about the song, or she would have thought that I was just trying to get out of work. So the whole time I was talking, "Didaweeda, Didaweeda" kept playing loudly in the background. I finally had to say, "Aubie, please stop!" because I was laughing so hard. Oh, but she was ok. She just had a mini version I think, because the next day she was fine : )
a picture of Aubie and her Aunt Leah, who started her writing career at a young age sounding very much like her funny niece. Let's just hope Aubie's lyrics progress as well as Leah's have.

No comments: